Help Grand Prairie Animal Services get the word out about our cats and kittens during Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat month in June for your chance to win a free gift basket!
We are at war with “kitten season”- the time of year when the shelter is flooded with cats and kittens! To complete our mission, we must accomplish a series of “battles” to help keep the number of cats at our shelter low. We are seeking recruits to help us survive this season. Throughout June, recruits can help us accomplish battles – such as finding our cats and kittens ‘furever’ shelter (aka homes), and food and supplies for the mission.
We will reward the recruit who goes above and beyond to help the shelter and complete our mission! Forward, march!
How to Fight the Battles
Here are some ideas about how you can help us complete the mission:
- Adopt a cat or kitten! They are $25 all June long.
- Share or create posts on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to help spread the word about Kitten Season at Prairie Paws. Get your friends to share too!
- Volunteer at the shelter or with the Grand Prairie Cat Crew.
- Have a donation drive.
- Pick up some kitten food when you run errands to bring to the shelter.
- Feed feral cats and help trap them for our trap-neuter-return program.
- Foster a kitten for a few weeks.
- Help find homes for the cats and kittens by talking to your neighbors and friends or hanging up flyers.
- Help take photos of cats and kittens in our shelter.
How to Win the Mission
Want to win the gift basket? Fill out the online form! Submit a short form and pictures on how you helped the shelter during June. All submissions must be in by 5 pm Friday, July 7.
Use the hashtag #KittenSeasonWar to share photos and posts on how you are fighting Kitten Season! (If your profile is set to private, make sure to tag us in the photos so we can see them!)